Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Money Saving Monday- Week 5

Our basement pantry is busting at the seams. I had a pretty good stockpile before I started the Money Saving Monday series, so with all the newly added goodies- I've got to find some inspiration (or pinspiration ) for an organized pantry.  I see a purging and organizing project in the near future, followed by lots and lots of pictures! This week turned out to be a great stock-up week at Giant Eagle. I printed lots of coupons, headed to the store, and stuck to my $15.00 stockpile budget. Read about how I budget for our stockpile here .



I know...can you believe that I came in under my $15.00 budget for all this? I got 24 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks, 4 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, 6 Pillsbury Biscuits, 4 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and 2 tubs of Heluva Good Chip dip.  All of this and my total out of pocket was: $13.94. I still came in $1.06 under budget.  Here is the breakdown below:



Don't these cinnamon rolls look yummy? They will come in perfect for a special treat for the kiddos. These were on sale for $1.00 each at Giant Eagle. I printed coupons here for .50 cents of 2. Doubled this comes out to $1.00 off 2. These worked out to be just 50 cents a piece.


The crescent rolls were on sale for $1.00 each as well. I found coupons here-with a .50 cent of 2 coupon doubled to 1.00- these worked out to just .50 cents a piece as well. I got 4 for a total of $2.00.


Grands Jr. biscuits were on sale for $1.00 a piece as well. I found .60 cents off the purchase of 3 coupons here. Doubled these coupons make these goodies $1.80 for all 3 or just .60 cents each. You are probably wondering what we will do with all of these biscuits/rolls. FREEZE FREEZE FREEZE!! I've been freezing all of these products for years now and have never had any issues. Just let them defrost in the refrigerator and you will be all set to go!


Have you ever had this chip dip? Love it!! A close runner up to my all time favorite Lawson's Chip Dip!! I printed .75 cent of 1 coupons several weeks ago here, which made these guys only .17 cents a piece after the double coupon. You can still go here to print a .50 cent off 1 coupon which would make these dips only .67 cents each thru Wednesday at Giant Eagle!

My favorite stockup deal of the week is the Betty Crocker fruit snacks. These guys are on sale for $2.00 a piece. If you purchase 4 in one transaction, they have a $4.00 instant savings. That makes them 4 for $4.00. I found some awesome coupons in my coupon binder for .75 cents off 2 which doubled makes them 1.50 off 2. After coupons 4 boxes of snacks comes out to only $1.00- thats only .25 cents each. AWESOME!!! I'm going to stop back tomorrow to get another 24 of these snacks. They are perfect for preschool snack day, tball snacks, lunches, car rides- the possibilities are endless!!

Check your coupon binders and print out the coupons for the pillsbury items and head to Giant Eagle before Thursday to stock your pantry as well!

XOXO-
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment