Monday, December 17, 2012

Money Saving Monday- Week 1

Hello Hello!! I've had the past 3 days off of work and they have been such a whirlwind. I'm behind on everything. Luckily I'm feeling pretty productive today, so I hope to get caught up. We are still baking, and I will get the blog updated within the next few days with our latest additions to our 12 days of Christmas Cookies.
 
I'm a couponer- not an extreme couponer, you wont find 100 tubes of toothpaste or 300 rolls of toilet paper stockpiled in my basement, but I do love some coupons. I only buy what I know that my family of 5 will use. I have an amazing sense of comfort knowing that I have a stocked pantry, and could spend hours just staring at the organization! I will have lots of couponing posts from how I store my stockpile to how I organize my coupon binder. Stay Tuned!
 
My husband and I budget $80.00 weekly to feed our family of 5. While I know this amount is low to most, with the ease of couponing I stick pretty close to that budget. Our $80.00 budget includes not only food/stockpile items, but also pet items, personal care, and cleaning supplies.I allot myself $15.00 per week to spend towards stockpiling our pantry/storage room. This $15.00 is best spent by using coupons and buying in multiples.
 
Every Monday..Lord willing...I will share my weekly stockpile items. Keep in mind, I shop at Giant Eagle, which doubles coupons up to .99. They also offer fuel perks and food perks. Even if you do not have a Giant Eagle nearby, most of my tips will help you on your coupon ventures as well.
 
Money Saving Monday- Week 1
$15.00 a week towards a full pantry
 
 
This week I spent $12.30 towards my stockpile. Thats 30 item at roughly .40 cents a piece!

 
These Betty Crocker potatoes were on sale for $1.00 a piece. With a .50/2 coupon- doubled- they came out to .50 a box. I bought 10 for a total of $5.00.


Swanson Chicken Broth was on sale BOGO, which comes out to 2 for $1.18. With a .40 off 5 coupon- doubled- they came out to $2.15 for 5. I bought 10 for a total of $4.30.
 
 
Jello Products were on sale 4 for $3.00. With a .50 off 2 coupon-doubled- they came out to .25 cents a piece. I bought 10 for a total of $2.50.
 
Time to start scouring the ads for next week :)
 
XOXO-
Kristi

1 comment:

  1. Please do continue to share. I enjoy grocery savings and hearing what's on sale and coupons to use.

    I saw the Swansons Broth, but I didn't see Jello nor the potatoes!

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete