Monday, January 7, 2013

Money Saving Monday- Week 4

Welcome back! This week I found 3 deals that I stocked up on, and again our pantry and deep freezer were very happy! I've been couponing for about 4 years, and get burnt out from time to time and take a long extended break. We eventually eat through our stockpile and have to start from square one again. I'm hoping that by blogging my coupon stockup trips that I will hold myself to continuing the savings...and not get burnout! It's so nice to be able to head straight to the pantry to get all the supplies I need to cook dinner instead of heading straight to the grocery store! By stocking up weekly on certain products that have a great savings I'm able to stockup while saving money! And saving money makes this mama happy!


Before I get started, I wanna tell you about a cool new app that allows you to earn cash while buying the products you love! It's an app for smartphones called Ibotta! You can see all about it here:


 It is so easy to use! I signed up a few days ago and already have $12.25 in my account. The more you redeem the offers, the more offers they add. Most of the offers are things that I already buy at the grocery store, so it works out perfectly for me!! Better yet, once you complete your first transaction you will be credited $5.00 by following through a friends referral. And each time that you refer a friend you will get a $1.00 added to your account as well. Sounds like a win-win to me!! Hurry over to and signup today!!


This week I ended up under my stockup budget!! To read about how I fill my pantry check out my blog post here. I cant wait to share my basement pantry and deep freezer organization with you soon!



I bought 10 cans of Hunt's Traditional spaghetti sauce. They were on sale 10 for $10.00 and also qualified for an additional .10 cent fuel perk bonus when 10 were purchased. I found coupons on the inside cardboard packaging of the cheap frozen banquet meals (look for the boxes that advertise $4.00 in savings) so I purchased 10 frozen meals in prep for this weeks stockup. The coupons were for .35 cents off one can of Hunt's spaghetti sauce, doubled made this .70 cents off per can, for a total price of only .30 cents per can!! Not only did the 10 cans only cost me $3.00 but I also earned the additional fuelperks! Double Win!!


Next up were these Bob Evans fully cooked Sausage Patties. They were on sale for $2.59 each. I found coupons over here for .75 off each. Doubled these coupons came out to $1.50 off each for a grand total of $1.09 per package of sausage. Not too bad!


 
Last up were these frozen boxes of Green Giant vegetables. The coupons that I had were for .60 cents off when you purchase three. Doubled this came to $1.20 off of 3. The veggies were on sale for $1.00 each, so after the coupon I paid $1.80 for 3, or .60 cents each. 

Total out of pocket this week I spent, $ 12.76 for 23 items! I think I had a pretty good week!!

XOXO-
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment